Abe and Esther were flying to Australia for a two-week vacation to celebrate their 40th anniversary.
Suddenly over the public address system the Captain announces, “Ladies and Gentlemen, I am afraid I have some very bad news. Our engines have ceased functioning, and we will attempt an emergency landing. Luckily I see an uncharted island below us, and we should be able to land on the beach. The odds, however, are that we will may never be rescued and will have to live on the island for the rest of our lives!”
Thanks to the skill of the flight crew the plane lands safely on the island.
An hour later Abe turns to his wife and asks, “Esther, did we pay our charity pledge check to Beth Shalom Synagogue yet?”
“No, sweetheart,” she responds.
Abe still shaken from the crash landing then asks, “Esther, did we pay our United Jewish Appeal pledge?”
“Oy, no! I’m sorry. I forgot to send the check,” she says.
“One last thing, Esther. Did you remember to send a check for the Synagogue Building Fund this month,” he asks?
“Oy, forgive me, Abie,” begged Esther. “I didn’t sent that one, either.”
Abe grabs her and gives her the biggest kiss in 40 years.
Esther pulls away and asks him, “So, what have I done to deserve that?”
Abe answers, “They’ll find us.”
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)